Thursday, January 12, 2012

ault on a police officer in illinois?

during a party that I was organizing in a nightclub, at the end of the night when we were leaving the club i was instigated into a fight by the bouncers in the club, next they called police on me and as police was arresting me I was confused about why they arrest me instead of the bouncers, and I resisted the arrest, and then one of the police officers sprayed me with a pepper spray and to protect my face I by accident hit one of the officers in a face with cafs, as I though bouncers used it on me, then I was pushed on the ground by another cup and three others joined in, they messed me up so bad that I ended up in hospital uncousinly. I am a premed student who is doing double degree in chemistry and sociology, and had never any problems with the law before. I was charged with ault on a police officer as well as battery and resisting arrest but after first preliminary hearing my charges were reduced to ault on a police officer because only this police officer showed up in court, after being taken from hospital I spend a night in police station as well as one day in county prison for this, can anyone tell me what to do about it as I hired a lawyer already and I have witnesses for this, but I am afraid of what will happen in worst case as I live in Illinois and I was not born in this country, should I risk going to trial? as I was intoxicated at a time. please advise and tell me what is the worse that could happen?

0 comments:

Post a Comment